CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Daze


All this past week as been a very busy one, as is normal for this time of year. Monday night, I went to my WMU (Women's Missionary Union) meeting. Tuesday night, my ladies' Bible study group went shopping for a family that we are helping for Christmas.

Wednesday night was church and the children's Christmas party. Rachel got a doll that drinks from a bottle that makes sound as she does. She named her Haddon Esther and we call her Esther. I have no idea how she came up with that name combination, but she did, all on her own. Benjamin got a truck that lights up and moves; however, it's gotten a lot of play time, so it's pretty much warn out now. Sad, but true!

Thursday afternoon we went to the Movie Tavern with Joel's work group for their Christmas party. We went to see Fred Claus, which is cute. The kids had a blast! We were supposed to go with the children's group at church to go through the KY Horse Park to see their lights, but we were just too tired by the time we got home.


Friday afternoon was my dad's work Christmas party. They had a Santa come in for the kids as well as face painting. Rachel was a Christmas butterfly and Benjamin was a tiger. As one shopper put it later that evening, he was in character. *Sigh* Boy, was he! Anyway, then that evening we went to pick out 2 gifts for a 5 and 6 yr old boy and girl respectively at the local toy store. I wanted the kids to go too and pick out the gifts for children their age, so they could understand the idea of giving. I was so proud of them. Rachel picked out a Dora Fairytale Doll and carried it around the store, put it up on the counter when we were ready to pay and looked up at me and said, "My girl will like the gift I picked out for her!" Benjamin did the same as he picked out a Sponge Bob watch and Sponge Bob paint set for the little boy. All was fine until we actually started to leave the store. Benjamin was not ready to go yet and started roaring at me, at Joel, at whoever was around him. Remember, he still had his face painted like a tiger. Hence the reason that the shopper stated that he was "in character".

Saturday afternoon Joel and I each got our hair cut and then finished some shopping at Wal-mart (always a fun experience during the Christmas season).

Now, tonight, we have their Children's Christmas Program - The Gift - at church. I'm looking forward to getting some good pictures out that one! One thing my kids do very well, well...okay, two things: ham it up and sing loud!

1 comments:

C.C. said...

great pics!