CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Ear Plugs Are the Finest Gift to Give!

I have been blessed with great hearing, not just good, normal hearing, but GREAT hearing! I can hear my husband scratching his head from the other room with the TV turned on and two children yelling, "Mommy!" at the top of their little lungs. Again, I say I have been blessed. But, with that blessing comes somewhat of a burden - not being able to hear myself think in the midst of chaos. Now, I can multitask with the best of them, but sometimes, sometimes I just want some peace and quiet (and no, my toddlers' names are not Peace and Quiet).

My husband, thankfully, is a very quiet man. He's gentle, smiles and nods his head in agreement most of the time. However, when he comes home and I'm in the middle of fixing dinner with a 3-year-old screaming, "I don't wanna watch Baby Einstein! I wanna watch Cinderella!" and my 2-year-old screaming at the hem of my pants, "I wanna see! I wanna see!" and my husband says to me in his quiet, loving voice, "Is dinner almost ready?", I could backhand him with the greasy spatula attached to my hand!

I'm telling you, ear plugs are a mother's best friend! I can put in my ear plugs and it's like putting the world on soft mute. I can still hear everything that's going on, but the miracle of it all is, I can now hear MYSELF think. Aahhh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!

Anonymous said...

Takes me back about 20 years!!!
Must be in the Braswell blood!