CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 06, 2006

My Sweet Girl


I admire my daughter. She is beautiful, sweet and kind with a wonderful sense of humor. All this and she is only 3 years old. Amazing, I know! She has her moments, of course, pulling her brother’s hair when she wants to move him away from the things that she wants or pushing him out of her way so that she can get to the TV first. But it is my daughter who will try her hardest to make her brother laugh when he is sad or to cheer him up when he is crying. She will even sit beside him to “wait it out” when he throws a temper tantrum. Maybe all children have this in them, I don’t know. But I happen to think that my daughter is special (of course I’m not biased at all).

The other day my daughter was sitting at the piano “playing” it and my son walked in and wanted to “play” the piano too. I told him that he would have to wait his turn. He immediately looked around and fell to the ground in a tantrum (you have to understand that he makes sure that he has a soft place to land, after all he wouldn’t want to hurt himself). Since he was so mad and screaming about not getting to play the piano, Rachel immediately hopped off the piano bench and said, "Here, Benjamin, you can play piano."

He got up from the floor, crocodile tears still running, and got up on the piano bench and started "playing" away. Rachel stood by with a grin at making her brother happy. As she stood by watching, I watched as her face changed rather quickly into a frown realizing that she no longer could play the piano with him sitting on the bench.

She got a determined look on her face and pushed at Benjamin hard, "Okay, it's Rachel's turn now!" While Benjamin didn't exactly fall off the bench, it did catch him off guard quite a bit. He overcompensated by flinging himself toward her to steady himself and ended up hitting her on the head with his own head. Both of them turned around and looked at me rubbing their heads with their hands with stunned looks on their faces.

I took that opportunity to suggest that we close the piano lid and "play" another time. They took that invitation and scrambled to be first to enter the other room. I listened as my sweet girl, the one who had willingly given up her time at the piano, screamed at her brother, "No, Rachel's first!"

*Sigh* Oh, well, none of us are sweet all the time...

1 comments:

C.C. said...

I love the pic you used with this entry!