CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Whoever said that two's are the terrible years?


Terrible Two's - I don't think so! Anyone who says that two's are terrible, hasn't lived with my sweet, precious, ornery, defiant children. I'll admit that the defiance starts around that age, although I think with my daughter the word "no" came out much earlier. But my three year old son looked at me the other day and screamed, "No, I don't want to!" at the top of his lungs. I'm concerned that he may get nodules on his vocal chords before I can "cure" him of his screaming.


The last couple of days have been dubbed (by me) "The Testing of Mommy". I've never had part of me that just wanted to sit down on the floor and throw a temper tantrum myself until just recently and have the other part of me just shake my head in disbelief with mouth wide open, jaw to the floor, that these are my two children who are acting like this. Tuesday, as I was getting ready to leave for Bible study, my son dumped coffee grounds and salt on the kitchen floor. Fortunately my husband had just walked through the door, so he got to deal with it - I'm not sure that I could've constructively dealt with that at that moment.
Anyway, before I left, I called my children into the kitchen and asked them if they had made this mess. Rachel just forlornly looked at the floor knowing that she was about to be in trouble, AGAIN, and Benjamin, just nodded his head and said, "Yep! I did this!", looking at me straight in the eye. At least he was honest this time, most of the time he tries to cover it up. So I turned to my husband and suggested that he deal with their punishment since I neither had the strength nor the time to deal with them (picture the back of my hand laying against my forehead just for dramatic effect). He nodded with a grim look on his face as I started putting away dishes from the children's dinner. Benjamin just looked up at me with a small smile on his face and said, "You hafta say Fo' Cwyin' Out Woud, Mommy!" Sighing in exasperation and amusement I just nodded my head and said, "Yes, for crying out loud, Benjamin." (I apparently say this more than I thought) He proudly smiled, nodded his head and said, "Yep, that's it!"


Good grief!


1 comments:

C.C. said...

Damaris never had terrible twos, but we did go through some struggles in the threes & fours. LOL